Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Tronald


     From The Copy Desk: Once again The Boys speak only in lines lifted from  songs written by Raymond Douglas Davies, in honor of his 72nd birthday today, June 21. God Bless The Kinks.

     "There's a crack up in the ceiling and the kitchen sink is leaking," Warren said. "Sometimes I wish I could just drift away."
     Marty, lounging nearby, looked over at his despondent halph-brother, and said, "Cheer up son, put on the kettle. There's no point in being glum. Have a cuppa tea, for Christ sake have a cuppa tea."
     This just made Warren sadder. "I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized 'cos I'm a strict vegetarian. But with the over-population and inflation and starvation and the crazy politicians,  I don't feel safe in this world no more. I don't want to die in a nuclear war," he said.
To establish the corners of the
 badminton court, The Boys finally
found a use for factory beer.
     Marty went over and, yes, put the kettle on. Warren stared with glazed eyes at the Faux Nooze channel showing a podium and about a hundred American flags ...... waiting for Tronald Dump to speak.
    "Give 'em lots of violence, and plenty to hate. Give the people what they want," Marty said to the television. "The bigger the ego, the bigger the fall. When your reputation counts for nothing at all."
     Cuppa tea in hand, Marty went over to Warren and said, "The world's going crazy and nobody gives a damn anymore."
   Warren, sipping his tea, said, "Promises, promises, all we get are promises."
   Just then the crowd on TV cheered as The Tronald made his way to the podium .....
   "He's really middle class and he's just a phony," Marty said, "He acts tough but it's just a front."
   Warren clicked off the TV and, turning to Marty, said, "In a world that is full of hatin' and about to descend. I just smile and pretend I'm a million miles away from it all and let it go right over my head."


   From The Copy Desk:  With that The Boys decided to ignore the news and go play badminton - perhaps until after election day. In 2014, The Boys also spoke in Ray lyrics, a post titled The Hard Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment