Friday, May 15, 2015

I'm Mad As Hell


From The Copy Desk:

      Two of the great disappointments of my life involve NBC. At some point in the late '60s, I won permission to stay up late to watch The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson because B.B. King was on the show.
     But the dolts at NBC (I'm talking to you Fred de Cordova), lacked enough of a brain to get this simple task right. B.B. King came out and was singing, and, as he put his left hand up on Lucille's neck and was about to play his first notes - they cut to commercial.
     Then, 45 years later, I sat down to watch the London Olympic ceremony because I heard that Ray Davies was going to lead the world in a sing-a-long of Waterloo Sunset .... but of course they cut it because of time.
   
NBC . . . . Never Been Competent. At least they are consistent.

     God Bless Riley B. King. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment